The burger is made out of walnuts (or you can add sunflower seeds as the base), with added veggies. The “cheese” is made with cashews or pine nuts as the base. You can top it off with whatever you’d like. Here are the ingredients to this epic raw vegan veggie burger and cheddar “cheese” recipe! This is one of my absolutely favorite veggie burger and cheese recipes ever! So delicious! You’ll love it! Share it with family and friends.
Veggie Burger Ingredients:
* Serves 2-4
Please note: I don’t have exact measurements for these burger recipes, so i would just advise to simply wing it. If you’re making for more people, you’ve got to make a bigger batch, as the recipe below makes for about 2-4 people.
- 1 cup raw walnuts or sunflower seeds (I used walnuts, both nuts and seeds must be soaked for 4-8 hours for optimum health and benefits)
- 1/2 cup raw buckwheat or flax seed flour
- 4 organic carrots stalks, chopped (about 2/3 cup)
- 2/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1 tbsp seasonings of choice
- Pinch of sea salt
- 8-10 black olives (or any other kind of olives; I used black)
* Mix the nut base with veggies and seasonings, and seasonings in a food processor or blender until crumbly, but some-what smooth. Add the chopped veggies and olives. Pulse until the burgers are well combined, but have some texture. Form round patties.
* Shape into four patties and dehydrate at 115 degrees for 30 minutes flip, and dehydrate for another 30 minutes. You could of course, dehydrate the patties for longer, as they will need more drying time to be firm. So anywhere from 8+ hours is recommended.
* If you do not have a dehydrator, you can just skip the dehydrating process and “cook” in a pan with coconut oil on each side until crispy (but keep raw).
* You can use romaine lettuce, swiss card or nori sheet. Use which ever wrap is your favorite. I used romaine lettuce.
Creamy Cheddar “Cheese”:
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked (if not using pine nuts, add 1 cup raw cashews)
- 2-3 garlic clove
- 1/2 of a bell pepper
- 1/2 of a lemon juiced
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup water (try adding a little bit less)
* Blend all ingredients in blender until creamy. Pour “cheese” into a bowl, serve, and enjoy! If too thick, add more water. If too loose, add more cashews and hemp seeds.
GARNISH & TOPPINGS:
Be Cre8ive and add whatever toppings desired.
Enjoy your epic raw veggie burgers with cheddar “cheese”
Thank you, thank you, thank you so much.
It’s kind of hard for me to stick with the raw lifestyle, my hubby is still eating rice, potatoes and beans but he will eat raw with me at times.
I must admit I do eat a few potatoes maybe 2 or 3 and then a spoon or to of beans, yes I need more will power.
Your help is needed and greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much.
Thank you so much for your lovely comment!! And you’re VERY welcome! I am happy to be a big help 🙂
For some, it can be a bit hard to stick to the raw foods lifestyle when you have someone who still eats cooked foods. It can be a bit tempting. At least sometimes he eats raw foods with you, that’s a start! I think the more raw foods you make for him, the more he’ll eat it.
Going fully raw takes time. You and your hubby will gradually get there. It’s a slow transition process. It’s okay if you find yourself eating cooked foods in your journey. Potatoes, rice and beans isn’t bad, as long as it’s organic and non-GMO.
You know you can eat rice, potatoes and beans raw? I’ll be writing a post about this, so stay tuned!
If you have any questions, please let me know! I’d be happy to help in any way that I can.
Thanks again! All the best,
Miliany Bonet 🙂
I love your recipes. I’m new to eating raw and I can easily follow this. Thanks for the clear instructions and pictures.