Banana ice cream is a very delicious treat that you can enjoy without the guilt and free from sugar, dairy and processed ingredients.
If you follow my dad and I on Instagram, you might have seen the vegorio banana ice cream pictures. Many have asked me for the recipe so upon popular request, I am sharing the vegorio banana ice cream recipe today!
Banana Ice Cream Recipe
Banana ice cream:
- 6 frozen bananas (best to stay away from the Cavendash or hybrid bananas. Use orito or burritl bananas instead).
- Organic buckwheat flour
- 2 packets of SweetLeaf Stevia or some fresh, organic stevia leaves (optional)
- 5 freshly pitted medjool dates
- 3 tablespoons organic hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons organic cacao powder
- 4 to 6 tablespoons filtered water
- 6 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or miel de caña
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil (unrefined, cold-pressed)
Add whatever toppings you want. Some ideas are chopped nuts, chopped cherries, chocolate sauce or chunks, berry sauce, maple syrup drizzled on top
Before getting started, you’ll need to freeze the bananas for 3-6 hours or overnight, until frozen.
To make the vegorio:
In a food processor, add in the buckwheat flour, dates, stevia, cacao powder, and water and process until a crumbly consistency. Add in the hemp seeds and process until a sticky yet crumbly consistency. Should not be too sticky, rather fine crumbles.
Pour aside in a bowl to make ice cream.
To make the ice cream:
Place frozen bananas in a high speed blender, blending until a creamy and smooth, soft serve consistency.
Quickly blend the berries into a sauce for 40 to 60 seconds.
Scoop ice cream in a bowl, serve vegorio crumbles over your ice cream, pour the berry sauce, and top it off with whatever toppings you want. Enjoy!
raw vegan, raw food recipe, raw vegan recipe, raw vegan ice cream, dairy free ice cream, chocolate, raw vegan banana ice cream recipe, vegorio, vegorio recipe. raw vegan ice cream, banana ice cream, vegan meals, plant based lifestyle, vegan, raw vegan eats, raw vegan food share, organic eating, crudovegano, pura vida, cruda pura vida, raw vegan living, dairy free recipe, sugar free recipe