This raw vegan pizza is so delicious and satisfying – you do not want anything else afterwards! You can use cucumber or zucchini for the crust. Or you can make your own dehydrated crust, too. The “cheese” taste so delicious and its nice and “cheesy”. The “cheese” contains no dairy! Its way better than dairy “cheese”. This is REAL “cheese”. The “cheese recipe was used in my raw vegan veggie burger post You can add whatever you’d like as the toppings (as long as its raw or vegan, of course).
Here’s the recipe:
2-4 organic & non-GMO cucumbers or zucchini, peeled and sliced
“CHEESE”: (spreadable “cheese”)
- 1 cup Cashew Clusters from Earth Circle Organics, soaked for 3 hours
- 1/2 or whole red bell pepper (the more the better!)
- 3-4 large garlic cloves
- 1 tsp real pink himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon seasonings: turmeric, paprika, all-purpose seasonings
- 1/4 cup filtered water
CRUMBLY “CHEESE” (Hemp Cashew Cheese):
- 1 cup Cashew Clusters from Earth Circle Organics, soaked
- 1 cup organic, non-GMO hemp seeds
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes (about 3 heirlooms)
- 2 cups sun dried tomatoes
- 2-4 pitted dates, to add a bit sweetness
- Pinch of salt
- 4-6 leaves Spinach
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Basil leaves
- Italian spices like: thyme, parsley, cloves; 1 tsp each)
- 2-4 garlic cloves
For the CRUST:
* Peel the cucumber or zucchini. Using a mandaline slicer, slice a thin or thick (how ever width you like it). Or using a knife, cut thin or thick slices. You could lay the cucumber or zucchini down on the cutting board or stand up. Set aside on your plate.
For the “CHEESE“:
* Blend all ingredients in blender until creamy. Pour cheese in a bowl and chill for at least 30 minutes or longer. The “cheese” is best when chilled. This recipe was used in the Raw Vegan Veggie Burger and Cheddar Cheese.
For the HEMP CASHEW CHEESE:
Place all ingredients in your blender and blend (pulse, low) until fine crumbs. Place in a bowl and set aside. You’ll be surprised at how this tastes like cheese!
For the TOMATO SAUCE:
* Blend all ingredients in the blender until smooth, thick, and saucy. Pour into a bowl. You can chill in the refrigerator until ready to be used.
TOPPINGS & GARNISHES– (I used):
Sliced black olives
* Take your sliced crust, and add the “cheese”, tomato sauce, and garnish with toppings. Optional – place your pizza bites on a dehydrator tray and dehydrate at 105 for 15-30 minutes, or until no more water. Dehydrate to your dry liking. Enjoy your pizza bites!:)
Click here for the Health Benefits Of The Raw Vegan Pizza Bites.