Are you looking to improve your eyesight naturally? The foods you eat plays a major role in the optimization and clarity in your eyesight and eating more fruits and vegetables rich in vitamin A and beta-carotene can help boost eyesight. I’ve been able to improve my eyesight eating a high raw, low fat, organic lifestyle, and you can too as many others have who adapted a high raw, plant-based lifestyle.
Vitamin A and beta-carotene are not the only eye vitamins. Vitamins B2, C and E and minerals like zinc and copper support healthy and clear eyesight, so make sure to eat foods high in those vitamins and minerals.
Top Foods High In Vitamin A and Beta-Carotene That Boost Eyesight
These are the foods that give my eyes the most boost eyesight.
- Juniper Berries – Not only nature’s natural insulin, juniper berries is great to boost eyesight
- Lucuma Fruit or Poweder – Fresh is always best. The fresh raw lucuma fruit provides the body and eyes with a great source of beta-carotene.
- Guava – A powerful source of vitamins A and C, great for eyesight and recovering fast from sickness.
- Starfruit – Loaded with vitamins A and C, starfruit offers a plethora of health benefits and can help improve eyesight.
- Saffron – Many have reported taking a 20mg of saffron supplements for 3 months and noticed their eyesight improved significantly! Saffron or kesar, helps with macular degeneration and protects the pigmented cells of the retina from oxidative damage. Discover how Saffron can help your eyes in the post her and here
- Watermelon – High in vitamin A and other vitamins, the vitamin A in watermelon can help you see more clearly. In addition, watermelon is very hydrating, too for your skin and eyes.
- Goji berries – This is a common berry that has been praised to improve eyesight. The fresh goji berries are more better than the dried as the fresh berries contain more bio-available vitamins. In the beginning, a noticed a slight boost after eating goji berries (dried), but after a short while, I really did not notice a difference.
- Carrots – Although carrots are a hybrid (according to Dr. Sebi and research), carrots are high in beta-carotene.
- Bell Peppers – Rich in antioxidants and beta-carotene to promote healthy eyes, skin and hair, and a strong immune system.
So if you’re looking to boost your eyesight, eat more of the foods listed above and ensure you are getting high amounts of vitamin A, B2, C and E, zinc and copper 🙂
Leave a Reply