Last week on Friday, my father and I treated ourselves to our very first sauna and it was great! I’ve been desiring to do saunas for quite some time now and finally got it done at a wonderful center located in Marlton, New Jersey, called Halo Wellness Center. I will be sharing my review here in this post.
ABOUT THE CENTER
Halo Wellness Center is such a wonderful and serene place. As soon as you walk in the doors, you immediately feel the peace and tranquility enter your soul. The center is very clean and has really good uplifting vibes to it. The staff are very friendly and make you feel welcomed. They are there for you and answer any questions you may have. And I love how you have the entry that reads this beautiful and truthful quote from Gandhi…
Halo Wellness Center offers many different services for one’s well-being and optimum health. They offer holistic facial treatments, massage therapy, kinesiology, yoga classes, health coaching, vitamin D therapy, far infrared sauna, and clearing and light grid. And they even have a really cool Himalayan Salt Room that helps you relax and helps with the following conditions like asthma, allergies, colds and flus, and eczema – to just name a few.
If you live in New Jersey and are looking to treat yourself, definitely check out Halo Wellness Center. Their website is ElevateYourhealth.com
Now onto my far infrared sauna review!
What is a Far Infrared Sauna?
Far infrared sauna is a type of sauna that uses infrared light to create heat. This light heat is gently on the body, helping you to relax and detoxify your body. This type of light heat is gentle on the body and penetrates deep into our tissues, helping with anti-aging.
Everybody can benefit from a far infrared sauna, especially living in today’s toxic world where we are being bombarded with chemicals from left to right on a daily basis.
Benefits Of a Far infrared Sauna
Here are the many amazing health benefits of a far infrared sauna
(These facts are taken from ElevateYourHealth.com)
- Detoxification – Sweating is the body’s safe and natural way to heal & stay healthy. Far infrared heats the body directly causing a rise in core temperature resulting in a deep, detoxifying sweat at the cellular level, where toxins reside
- Relaxation – Unlike traditional saunas which operate at extremely harsh temperatures, infrared is a gentle, soothing and therapeutic heat that promotes relaxation and improved sleep. Infrared sauna therapy helps you relax while receiving an invigorating deep tissue sweat, leaving you fully refreshed after each session.
- Lowers Blood Pressure – Infrared saunas induce a deep sweat to make the heart pump faster, which in turn increases blood flow, lowers blood pressure and helps circulation. Scientific evidence shows that using an infrared sauna a couple times a week lowers blood pressure.
- Weight Loss – Studies have shown that an infrared sauna session can burn upwards of 600 calories while you relax! As the body works to cool itself, there is a substantial increase in heart rate, cardiac output and metabolic rate, causing the body to burn more calories.
- Pain Relief – Infrared heat penetrates tissue, joints, and muscles to relieve anything from minor aches and pains to chronic pain conditions such as fibromyalgia.
Elevate your health through far infrared sauna therapy!
My Sauna Experience
The sauna was great! It was a 30-minute session of just relaxation and total calmness. By the end, my face was RED like a tomato and my back was sweaty, although, I did not sweat as much as I expected I would have. But nonetheless, the experience was a 5 star. My feet prior to the sauna felt a bit tensed, but it melted away while in the sauna. I can say, I am hooked on saunas and I can really get used to doing them on a daily basis.
During the summer, I would sunbathe for 30 minutes to sometimes 2 hours, and I would get really sweaty, just as if I had finished doing an intense workout or coming out of a sauna. Sunbathing is much different than a sauna, in many obvious ways, because the sun is direct sunlight that is more intense heat, whereas an infrared is more gentle on the body. But nonetheless, sunbathing is an effective way to get your vitamin D and get your sweat on!
Have you ever experienced a Far Infrared Sauna? Who else likes to sunbathe in the sun on a hot simmer’s day? If so, what was your experience?
I’ve also shared this post on Steemit, so if you’re there, I’d really appreciate it if you gave this post an upvote 😉 Would much appreciate it.
If you would like to learn more about Far Infrared Sauna, below are useful links you can use to educate yourself.