I honestly don’t know what to call this beautiful and delicious salad, but all that matters is that I get the recipe out. This salad is too darn good NOT to share! It’s creamy, low in fat, nutritious, delicious, and satisfying. I’ve been eating salads all summer long and this one has to go down as one of my TOP favorite, because it’s really THAT good! And as a meat-eater, I never really had much love for salads like I do now. This raw vegan lifestyle makes you appreciate and love a lot of things, though…
I added a mangoes and dried figs in this salad, and WOW! What a combo. One day this week when I didn’t have any tomatoes on hand to add in my salad, I substituted the tomatoes for 1 large mango and it was truly divine. Tomatoes were not even missed in the salad! The mangoes and avocado were the life of the party to the salad, and if you don’t already know, mangoes combine very well with avocado, red onion and cilantro. (You must try if you have not tried that combo).
This salad will make you fall in love with salads over again, if you’re not already. This salad is super easy and simple to make. Enjoy and let me know how you like it.
HUMMUS VEGGIE SALAD AKA THE BEST SALAD RECIPE EVER
- 1/2 head of organic red leaf lettuce
- 1 heaping handful organic cilantro
- 1 heaping handful organic red radish
- 1 organic tomato, chopped into chunks
- 1 ripe avocado, chopped into chunks
- 1/4 piece red onion, diced and sliced
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 4-6 dried figs, chopped into chunks (optional)
- a sheet of nori, chopped into pieces
- 1 medium-large sized carrot, peeled and sliced into noodles or chopped into chunks
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Health Force Spirulina Manna, Chlorella Manna and Vitamineral powder
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of homemade garbanzo bean hummus (get my recipe here)
- organic seasonings as you like
- Wash your lettuce leaves, tomatoes, cilantro, and red radish in a bowl with clean water and a a squeeze of lemon, lime or apple cider vinegar to disinfect and clean the produce. Wash and rinse well.
- Chop all ingredients as necessary and pour into a large enough bowl.
- Add in your seasonings and add 1 1/2 tablespoon hummus and mix thoroughly until reamy and well tasted to your desiring.
- Add 1 large tablespoon of hummus on the side of your salad. And enjoy!
Leave a Reply