My friends over at Activation Products recently shared this yummy cherry nut bar recipe on their blog, and I thought it would be great to share here.
When we are hungry, in a hurry and feeling something sweet – we often choose the unhealthy bars and snacks loaded with sugars and artificial flavors and color. Too many of them are mareted as healthy, even though they are filled with synthetic chemicals.
To avoid these frustrations, it’s always best to make your own healthy snacks. Not only is it healthier, it’s more cost-effective to buy the ingredients (in bulk) and make it yourself.
So, here is a yummy, low fat, raw vegan cherry nut bar recipe I’ve taken straight from Activation Products blog. Click here for the original post and download their free recipe PDF.
- 1 cup dried cherries (organic, if possible)
- 1 cup shelled pistachios
- 1 cup dates, softened
- 1-2 tsp Panaseeda Flax Oil
- Put the cherries, pistachios and dates into a food processor. Pulse. When the pieces start to break down, set it to blend. Leave it for 60-90 seconds, or until everything starts to come together.
- Move the mixture to a bowl, add the oil and then work the mixture with your hands to ensure it’s all mixed together properly and there are no big chunks.
- Line a tray with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Put your fruit and nut mixture onto the tray and press it flat across the pan. Use your hands or a glass to ensure that it is packed down well and evenly distributed.
- Put the pan in the fridge to chill for 15-20 minutes.
- Cut into bars or squares and enjoy!
- Store in a container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Here is the recipe video. Enjoy my friends!
superfood energy bar, activation products, cherry nut bar recipe, raw vegan snack recipe, healthy snack ideas, healthy raw vegan nut bar recipe, healthy raw vegan snack recipe
Leave a Reply