Many of you have asked me about the mung beans I use inside my salads and other gourmet recipes. I’m sharing the recipe with you here today. These beans are so versatile and go really well inside salads, wraps, and you can use them t make various things from veggie burgers, “cheese”, and a no bean hummus. Experiment and see what you can create with these awesome beans!
The mung beans I buy is from a company called TruRoots. Their beans already come sprouted. Bob’s Red Mill sell mung beans, but they aren’t sprouted.
MARINATED MUNG BEAN RECIPE
- 1 entire 12 ounce bag of TruRoots mung beans
- 1/4 cup Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon organic herbs and spices
- 1/2 tsp Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- Let the beans soak in clean filtered water for about 30 minutes to an hour, until soft.
- Drain the water from the beans and rinse them a final time and drain the water again.
- Place the beans in a clean big enough bowl to season.
- Add in your desired herbs and spices, along with the apple cider vinegar. Mix thoroughly.
- Let the beans marinate for 15-20 minutes, or even overnight.
- Serve however way you like.
Here are some recipes I used mung beans in:
raw vegan, sprouted mung bean recipe, raw food, raw vegan living, mung beans, mung bean recipe, raw vegan lasagna, raw food recipe, raw vegan living , raw food blog, raw food recipes, organic mung beans, gmo free mung bean recipe,