On Friday, September 5th, I attended my very first raw food lecture at the raw food capital of the world – Lansdale, Pennsylvania! The special guest speaker was Don Bennett, one of the world’s leading raw food and health experts! Don is the director of the Health 101 Institute and a Disease Avoidance Specialist. He’s been a fruitarian for 50 years, and has healed himself from hyperglycemia, poor eyesight, tinnitus, and some undiagnosed conditions. Don has a LOT knowledge; his lecture was very informative and insightful.
|Meeting Don Bennett was awesome!|
|Me with Arnold Kauffman|
In his lecture, Don spoke about the following topics:
- why he thinks we should be supplementing on a diet that comes from the modern agricultural system, including B12 supplementation
- colonics: yay or nay
- what is true hunger
- exercise that we’re meant to do (walking, climbing, sprinting)
- vitamin and mineral deficiencies raw foodist should be most concerned about (post coming soon, but it’s only 3 nutrients… not bad!)
- how inaccurate information is bad for the body
- the importance of iodine
- proper food combining
- how we’re fruit eaters, not vegetable eaters and why we eat greens (interesting! Details soon!)
I learned so much at Don’s “What You Know That Isn’t So” lecture. I promise to share the really important information soon in a post.
I didn’t take much photos (just these 3 photos. Sorry for the lack of photos!), but I’ll be sure to take more next time. Before the lecture, there was a 3 course meal, which was yummy. Arnold has potlucks every 3rd Saturday of the month, so I look forward in attending more of his events. The environment at Arnold’s Way Cafe is so loving, peaceful, funny, energetic, and friendly. If you’re in the Lansdale, PA area, I highly recommend stopping by his cafe. You’ll love it there.
*** Like what you see and don’t want to miss a post? Subscribe to RawVeganLiving’s FREE Newsletter and receive new post updates via email HERE!***
Leave a Reply