I eat chocolate everyday. I make this chocolate the night before so that it’s ready to eat when I break-my-fast (breakfast) with either a smoothie or chopped inside my ice cream bowl. I always like to have extra chocolate in my freezer so that if guests come to my house, I have chocolate to share with them.
This chocolate is so easy and quick to make. Super kid-friendly and made without dairy, sugar or processed ingredients. With just 3 main simple and clean ingredients and just 1 minute or 2 to freeze – this homemade, raw vegan freezer chocolate is complete in under 8 minutes!
Many people think chocolate is the leading cause to acne. This is not true. The reason why you breakout when you eat chocolate is because of the dairy and sugar IN the chocolate bar. Cocoa and cacao are 2 different things, which you can learn more about here.
This chocolate will make you feel amazing from the inside out! Cacao hydrates your face, helps assists in weight loss, opens up and actives your third eye (also referred to as ‘the pineal gland’), promotes weight loss, satisfies hunger, improves digestion, and is LOADED with vitamins and minerals to nourish your mind, body and soul.
- - 6 tablespoons raw organic Cacao Powder
- - 5 tablespoons extra virgin cold-pressed organic Coconut Oil
- - 3 tablespoons of your preferred raw organic sweetener of choice such as coconut sugar, coconut nectar, black strap molasses, or No Bee Honee made from apples!
- 1. First, melt the coconut oil in a small saucepan until it's a liquid
- 2. Scoop the tablespoons of cacao powder in a small bowl or cup and add in your sweetener of choice.
- 3. Once the oil is melted, pour it inside the dry mixture of cacao powder and sweetener of your preferred liking.
- Mix the ingredients together until a smooth, thin-thick consistency, and there are no cacao powder chunks. If the consistency is too thick, simply add in more melted coconut oil and stir well.
- 4. Once ready, simply pour the chocolate mixture into cookie cutters or chocolate bar molds to form chocolate. (Tip: be sure to spread melted coconut oil at the bottom and sides of the molds or cookie cutters so it's easier for the chocolate to come out once frozen later).
- 5. Place in freezer and freeze for 5 minutes, until firm/frozen. Enjoy!
- Add a pinch of Pink Himalayan Sea Salt to help bring out the sweetness.
- If the mixture is too thick, add more melted coconut oil and stir well.
- Alternatively, you can make white chocolate by melting cacao butter into a liquid and adding in whichever sweetener of choice you want. Place in cookie cutters or inside molds and freeze until firm/frozen for 5 minutes. Enjoy your chocolate creations!
- If you wanted to make dark chocolate, use black strap molasses and a bit of stevia as your sweetener. That will make it taste a lot like dark chocolate!
These are the raw and organic ingredients I used:
Earth Circle Organics Cacao Powder
I really love he taste of Earth Circle Organics Ecuadorian cacao powder that is fair-trade, organic and raw. It makes amazing chocolate.
Extra Virgin Cold-Pressed Coconut Oil from Tropical Green Organics
Tropical Green Organics makes the best coconut oil I’ve ever used. No lie, and I’ve tried a few. I buy their 31 ounce jar at my local Burlington Coat Factory store where they sell it for just $12.99 versus $25.99 on Amazon!
Raw Organic Coconut Sugar
Coconut sugar is a great alternative to brown and white sugar. It’s low in calories, low fat and low glycemic. It makes a great, sweet and healthy sweetener to the chocolate.
Unrefined & Unsulphured Black Strap Molasses
Black strap molasses has easily become my favorite go to sweetener. It’s a thick, dark syrup/sweetener that is the byproduct of cane sugar. Molasses is LOADED with vitamins and minerals that help support a strong immune system, builds strong and healthy bones, skin, hair, and nails. It’s perfect when added inside chocolate along with stevia. I buy my molasses at my local Wegmans or Shoprite. Sometimes, Shoprite will have a sale on the molasses but I mostly buy it at Wegmans. Thrive Market has the 16 ounce jar for $4.95 (a 25% off savings).
I love to add SweetLeaf stevia to naturally sweeten up my foods. However, when it comes to making chocolate, I find stevia alone as the only sweetener just doesn’t make it sweet enough, especially when I share it with others. It goes well combined with another low glycemic sweetener like cococnut nectar, black stra molasses or coconut nectar.
Coconut Secret Coconut Nectar
Purchase Coconut Secret’s raw coconut nectar at Thrive Market and save 35% off on their 12 ounce jar. Way cheaper than at Amazon.
ADDITIONAL SUPERFOODS YOU CAN ADD INTO THE CHOCOLATE TO BOOST ITS BENEFICIAL PROPERTIES
Sari Foods 100% Pure, Organic, Raw Vitamin C Powder made from Acerola Cherries
Organic Spirulina Powder
Organic Lucuma Powder
Organic Carob powder (if you don’t want to use cacao)
Organic Vanilla Bean Powder
Bob’s Red Mill Buckwheat Groats (for an additional crunch)
To make a healthy, raw vegan version of Reese’s peanut butter cups:
The list goes on! Get creative and have fun with the flavors!
Hope you enjoy this recipe and be sure to make it with/for family and friends! Tell me in the comments below how you liked this recipe.
P.S. This post contains affiliate links. if you purchase from the links above, I may receive a small commission on your sale, which I put towards the effort, development and work of my sites. Thank you for your support 🙂
raw vegan freezer chocolate, raw vegan, raw vegan recipe, raw vegan chocolate recipe, homemade freezer chocolate, raw vegan chocolate, raw vegan homamde chocolate, how to make homemade raw vegan chocolate, artisana organics, health benefits of cacao, raw cacao, cacao vs cocoa, how to make dairy free sugar free chocolate, dairy free chocolate, healthy chocolate,
Chocolate looks delish!! Thanks for sharing 🙂